Alternative education encompasses many pedagogical approaches differing from mainstream pedagogy. Such alternative learning environments may be found within state, charter, and independent schools as well as home-based learning environments. Many educational alternatives emphasize small class sizes, close relationships between students and teachers and a sense of community.
Thus Wikipedia says and it’s true. We think that alternative should serve to return meanings and renovate relations. There are a lot of ways to rich this goal besides mainstream, being a separate family or gathering with like-minded people. And this resource is intended to inform about possible types and existing locations of educational alternatives in Ukraine.
Here you can (but all the links lead to Ukrainian content):
- read briefly about current state and types of alternative education in Ukraine
- learn more about alternative schools and how to choose the right one
- seek for alternative schools of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa and other cities in the catalog (200+ items)
- choose a school for distance learning or (umbrella) attestation only
- get acquainted with media stuff and our libraries
- find the online communities out
- look over our articles (should mention, we have a separate section dedicated to SDE)
This site is project of Education Advancement Center “Logopolis”, founded by Eugene Matveyev, а deputy director in one of the first alternative schools in Kyiv “Sunflower”, co-founder in Education Center “Life” (2018) (attempt to create Sudbury-like project), Member of homeschooling legislation update Committee of Ministry of Education. Also events organizer, speaker, translator, editor and so on.
Don’t hesitate to contact with me by email info @ altosvita.in.ua