Alternative education encompasses many pedagogical approaches differing from mainstream pedagogy. Such alternative learning environments may be found within state, charter, and independent schools as well as home-based learning environments. Many educational alternatives emphasize small class sizes, close relationships between students and teachers and a sense of community.
Thus Wikipedia says and it’s true. We think that alternative education should serve to return meanings and renovate relations. There are a lot of ways to reach this goal besides mainstream, being a separate family or gathering with like-minded people. Our resource is intended to inform about possible types and existing locations of educational alternatives in Ukraine.
Here you can (but all the sections are in Ukrainian):
- read briefly about current state and types of alternative education in Ukraine
- learn more about alternative schools and how to choose the right one
- seek for alternative schools of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa and other cities in the catalog (200+ items)
- choose a school for distance learning or (umbrella) attestation only
- get acquainted with media stuff and our libraries
- find the online communities out
- look over our articles (should mention, we have a separate section dedicated to SDE)
This site is project of Education Advancement Center “Logopolis”, founded by Eugene Matveyev, а deputy director of one of the first alternative schools in Kyiv “Sunflower”, co-founder of “Life” Education Center (2018) (attempt to create Sudbury-like project), member of homeschooling legislation update Committee of Ministry of Education. Also events organizer, speaker, translator, editor and so on.
Don’t hesitate to contact me by email info @ altosvita.in.ua